Friday 27 January 2012

What Matters!!

Hiya people,

My post today is kind of inspired by a post I read on What Rebecca Said, found here: http://whatrebeccasaid.blogspot.com/2012/01/fear-of-bigger-size.html.

Why does appearance matter so much?! 
I have had a very bad relationship with myself since forever! I have never been happy with my face, or my weight, or my size or my hair, or anything. I've always come second best, or there has always been in my mind someone prettier or funnier or more intelligent than me...

For some reason all my life I have measured myself against other girls, ranking myself in relation to their size or personality. And two years ago I hit rock bottom. I took things to the extreme and changed myself in every way possible to try to fit some sort of template of the "perfect" girl. And do you know what!?
It still wasn't good enough.

Then something occurred to me, and I took a long hard look at myself and the world.

I had been trying so hard to be anything and everything else, that I had forgotten to appreciate and enjoy what I already had. 


And slowly this past year, I have started to try a new way of looking at myself and my life. I have begun to enjoy dressing up, as I am no longer dressing to seek approval, I'm dressing because I want to. I finally took the plunge and started a blog, not for anything else accept the self satisfaction and enjoyment of it! I have even begun to make true honest friendships, because I am no longer trying to be friends with everyone, I am learning to make friendships with people who like me for who I am.

And this new way of looking at myself and my life, is a WHOLE LOT MORE FUN!!!!!

And even if nobody ever read this post, or my blog, or liked my clothes, or my face, hair etc, etc, It wouldn't matter!!!

I read recently:
The secret to having it all, Is knowing you already do.

I hope you have enjoyed this post, and if so please comment or follow me, and I hope I can write some more stuff like this in the future.

Love to you all,
LMC x x x

2 comments:

  1. I really love this post. It means a lot that I inspired you to write this. :) whatrebeccasaid.blogspot.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely agree with you, its so easy to lose sight of who you are when there's so much pressure around you to be someone else. Lovely post :)



    http://www.faithlessmusing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete